The other day we got into a huge discussion, debate, argument and brainstorming session at the Online Think Tank. Yes, it truly was all those things, a lot of passion, conviction and energy; brain power if you will trying to answer the questions; What Should We Do to Better Our Nation; What Would You Do?
It seems there was a bit of concensous on a few things, which does not surprise me, as I had a very similar discussion on a Political Blog last year some time. It was thought that for starters; we need a better philosophy, for instance;
- Build Strength of Character in the next generation. Self-reliance. A different theory, one based on the thought that young people should never know or expect limitations in life. By making sure that our youth can believe in themselves, have confidence in their own abilities, and think for them selves. This might help the individual, society and our nation to break through the confines of religion, prejudice, economic enslavement, war, education, physical limitations, and government bureaucracy.
- We need to Teach people to think again.
- Folks must be responsible. Eat right, not do drugs, exercise and not rely on government to bail them out with free services, health care and pills. We must be tough love and demand responsibility before payments and services. Those who truly cannot, will be taken care of out of the flows of the massive economies of scale. Most should be done thru community based and private enterprises, non-profits.
- The Federal Government is inefficient at every thing it does, therefore gut it and downsize it, its job is to protect the American People, it must first provide that. Everything else is an elective until it does that right. Get back to basics. Limit Government (Ronald Reagan Theory). Streamline it with eGovernment initiatives and IT systems.
- No new free give aways and any payments in social security or other payments in future come with mentorship obligations and such.
- Reduce revolving door and lobbyist payments, but allow the Business and Citizens to talk with their government without forced payments. We deserve more than; “Press one for English” then “Press one if you agree with”.
- Unite the World in a Common Cause (franchise government models for third world).
- Fight All Wars to Win. Understand how the world works, demand integrity from all nations and be pragmatic in getting there.
I would like you to consider these things as well and make your own list and see what you come up with? I certainly hope this article is of interest and that is has propelled thought. The goal is simple; to help you in your quest to be the best in 2007. I thank you for reading my many articles on diverse subjects, which interest you.